WHAT AND WHY?
RugKnots always takes care of its customer privacy and security, as it is also important for us just like our customers. We know that these are very important, that is why we take special care of your personal information. We encrypt all your personal information like credit card number, name, and address so that no one can read it as the information travels over the internet.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us, such as
- and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address to provide us with information that helps us:
- Learn about your browser and operating system.
- Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products, and other updates.
HOW DO YOU GET MY CONSENT?
- When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
- If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
HOW DO I WITHDRAW MY CONSENT?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use, or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at info@RugKnots.com or mailing us at RugKnots 140 Western Maryland Parkway Hagerstown Alabama US 21740.
AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you acknowledge that you are at least the age of maturity in your state or province of residence. Or, you recognize that you are the age of maturity in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
Some details of your visit will be collected by our automatic data collection technology. This will include information about the device you are using, IP address, internet connection, and traffic data and logs. The technology which will automatically collect your information includes:
1. SHOPIFY: Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with an online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data stays safe in Shopify’s data storage, databases, and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a security system (firewall).
Payment: If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data.
- It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
- We store your purchase transaction only until your transaction is complete. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
- All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
- PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
2. THIRD-PARTY SERVICES: In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use, and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their privacy policies concerning the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
- For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand how these providers will handle your personal information.
- In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us.
- So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located. As an example, if you are in Canada, and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States.
- Your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
- When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site.
- We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
3. GOOGLE ANALYTICS: Our store uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at.
4. COOKIES: You may reject or accept our cookies. The cookies are the small file placed on your hardwire. Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
HOW IS MY INFORMATION SECURED?
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with AES-256 encryption.
- Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
- Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on the website.
- If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you about updates, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we use and/or disclose it.
- If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.